I was on twitter and I saw an RT that had to do with natural hair and BC-ing.
It was along the lines of questiong why so many black women are "cutting their hair off".
I dont understand how or why it is so hard for black people men and women to not be able to understand or embrace natural hair. I also dont understand why most men would prefer a woman to transition instead of BC if she does decide to go natural. WHY is it that BC-ing makes a black woman U G L Y . . . . ? ? ? ?
I admit 100% that there was a time when I would see a woman who had BC-ed and I would look at her like WTH.. She has GOT to be crazy!! I couldnt understand why a woman would want to be "bald" or have "nappy hair" and ecspecially SHORT "NAPPY" HAIR! But that was when I had no knowledge of myself, and I thought with a one track mind when it came to standards of beauty --((Basically I didnt have my own set of standards))-- I could only see what the world thought was beautiful and that was: A f r e s h P e r M ((OR)) An i n d i a n W e t and W a v y W e e v e / W i g . . . .
I was shllow then and I didnt know any better. I hadnt allowed myself to connect with ME!
God didnt create me with straight hair or loose curls He chose to give me a more heavy duty texture and now I C H O O S E to embrace that.. And Im happy to see other sistas choosing to do the same and choosing to see beauty in what God intended for us to have all along..
---------------------------------------
Im NOT saying that
the only way for black people to be
beautiful is to wear natural hair.
If you want a perm a weave a wig braids etc etc
By all means "do yuo boo boo" *MyKevinHartVoice* :)
Just know that underneath there:
There is a healthier way
There is a way that is JUST AS BEAUTIFUL
Educate yourself and dont write off your NaturalHair
Because of what other people think beautiful is
--------------------------------------
So I guess in some kind of odd way if I dig deep inside myself and take a look at my progression and where it is I came from I can understand why black men and women choose not to embrace and find beauty in natural hair through transition or BC-ing..BUT
The difference is:
I chose to educate myself and I chose to love myself for ME..
I hope that others will be blessed enough to one day do the same.
- ♥ - [L O V E]
No comments:
Post a Comment